Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Buying a SUP
Stand Up Paddling als known as SUP, is a sport that is becoming increasingly popular! And that is not for nothing. The SUP is incredibly versatile. Are you going for a real sports activity or rather for relaxation, everything is possible. Get on the water with a SUP and enjoy a sporty activity that you can adapt to your abilities and experience? Then you're at the right place!
What is Stand Up Paddling
Stand Up Paddleboarding (also called SUP) is a very popular sport. This is because you don't need any experience to stand on the water and still enjoy maximum fun. The sport originally started around 1940 in Waikiki, Hawaii. Local surfers started catching waves on their surfboards while using their canoe paddle. The local surfers called it Beach Boy Surfing, nowadays Stand Up Paddling. It remained a local activity until the sport was discovered and developed by others in 1990. Since 2004, SUP surfing has become an official sport and in 2007 the first SUP magazine was even released.
What do I need to sup?
To SUP, you need a number of materials to practice the sport. We need a SUP board, the SUP paddle, SUP pump and a leash to get out on the water. You can also choose to add other attributes to make it more fun, more challenging or more comfortable.
A SUP board is the board we stand on during the SUP. Most SUP boards vary between 2.4 to 3.6 meters, a number of factors determine the size of the board. Think of your body weight, discipline and experience. Within the SUP board category we can choose between an inflatable SUP board or a hard SUP board.
- Inflatable SUP: an inflatable sup, also called inflatable SUP, is super compact and easy to carry. The inflatable sup is in some cases supplied in a complete set, which makes it a lot cheaper than a hardboard. You only have to pump up this SUP to get on the water. There are many different types and sizes of inflatable SUPs for sale, so there is a good SUP for everyone.
- Hard SUP: the normal sup boards are boards as you are used to from a windsurf board. Thanks to the 'hard' construction of the board, the performance is ideal! If you're looking for a board to get the most out of performance, a hard SUP is perfect! In general, these boards are especially suitable for the intermediate / advanced suppers.
We use a SUP paddle to get forward. A paddle consists of a handle, shaft and blade. The choice of material and size of the blade influence the performance of a sup paddle. We can also choose between a solid or extendable SUP paddle.
- Solid paddle: this SUP paddle has a shaft that consists of one piece. This ensures that the paddle is stiffer and less vulnerable. Perfect for when you're looking for maximum performance.
- Extendable paddle: this SUP paddle can be adjusted in length ande are sometimes even divisible. Because the paddles are extendable, you have the advantage that it can be used by multiple people. If the paddle is also divisible into two or three parts, then the paddle is also easy to carry.
The SUP leash is attached to the user and the SUP board. This ensures that your board does not float away in the event of a fall. Due to the current or the waves you will notice that a board can take off quickly. You can't just keep up with the board while swimming. That is why a sup leash is a perfect invention for this.
There are two types of SUP leashes, a coiled and standard. The line of a coiled leash is curled and ensures that the leash is compact. Because the leash is compact, it drags less quickly than a standard leash.
Within the SUP category we can distinguish between different disciplines. Each discipline has its own specialty that can match your wishes and situation.
- Allround SUP: An allround SUP has a little bit of everything. As the name suggests, you can do a wide variety of activities. This SUP is a combination between the wave SUP and the tour SUP. Highly recommended for family's and people who like to do a little bit of everything.
- Wave SUP: Do you live by the sea or can you often be found on the waves? Then the wave SUP is for you! These SUP boards perform excellently in the rougher conditions, so you will enjoy being on the water without losing comfort.
- Tour SUP: Do you like to tour long distances with a SUP? The Tour SUP is perfect for this. The boards glides easily through the water, which will cost you less energy and still provide a lot of fun. The materials perform best on flat water such as in canals, canals and inland waterways.
- Race SUP: Have you progressed so far that you're considering to enter SUP competitions? Then look at the race SUP boards! Speed, that's what it's all about, from flat waters to the rougher conditions.
- Wind SUP: On this SUP you can easily attach a sail after which you can also windsurf on a SUP. With little to no wind you stand with the paddle on the SUP, the wind picks up, you exchange the paddle for a sail. This allows you to benefit from both sports with one single board.
Items 1-23 of 395
Aquatone Playtime sitin Kayak€599.99
Starboard Windsurf SUP Deluxee€1,179.00
STX SUP/Kayak paddle€49.99
STX Kayak Seat€49.99
STX iSup Hybrid Freeride€689.00
STX iSup Hybrid Cruiser€649.00
STX iSup Tourer PURE€679.00
STX iSup Freeride PURE€679.00
STX iSup Race 14'0"€799.00
STX iSup Freeride€649.00
STX iSup Cruiser 10'8"€679.00
STX iSup Cruiser 10'4"€599.00
STX iSup Cruiser JR€499.00
Aquatone Summit Carbon 70€179.99
Aquatone Flame Touring€499.99
Aquatone Wave Plus Allround€419.99
Aquatone Wave allround€359.95
Aztron E pump€99.99
STX Alloy Kids St.€24.99
F-One Sup pump€39.95
Fanatic SUP Blitz Carbon 14'0"€3,599.00
Fanatic iSUP Package Ray Air/Pure 11'6"€609.00
Fanatic iSUP Ripper Air Touring€649.00